1. Work with Head of Global External Communications Japan in developing and executing the media relations activities, including developing relationships with reporters, managing response to media inquiries and serving as a corporate spokesperson.
2. Develop media activities with minimum level of supervision from Head of Global External Communications Japan including quarterly earnings media call/conference, press conference, media briefings, media engagement activities and execute them with excellence. Guide and coach other junior members as necessary beyond the reporting line.
3. Develop impactful messaging and communications materials with excellence including press releases, stand-by statements, reference documents, among other materials for all key questions and stakeholders' engagement when issues arise in the Japan market.
4. Develop or review Japanese version of global media materials including press releases and quarterly financial materials in Japanese.
5. Develop and maintain relevant information about the company in Japanese for use with external audiences, including fact sheets, messaging documents, infographic copy, boilerplates, leadership bios and other written external materials
6. Identify a pool of Japanese spokespersons from business units and functions and prepare spokesperson through media training and media materials and propose how to incorporate them to the Japan External Communications strategies
7. Demonstrate leadership in collaboration with communicators in business units with a presence in Japan and the public affairs team to ensure consistent messaging externally and anticipate issues and mitigate risks that may become global issues.
8. Work with Head of Japan External Comms in supporting executive visibility activities for the CEO and other Japan-based the company executives (as applicable), including handling speaking requests, identifying and securing media and speaking opportunities, drafting presentations and staffing for events.
9. Conduct research to seek proactive opportunities for thought leadership, including speaking opportunities, that will maximize coverage and raise visibility of company leadership and initiatives.
10. Oversee the curation of content and translation review on Japan external corporate website, while collaborating with the function in charge of technical management.
11. Align closely with other departments, including attending internal communicator meetings, understanding communication goals/objectives, managing issues proactively and responding to requests promptly.