1. Plan intellectual property strategies that support the company’s innovative technology business.
2. Develop and maintain strategic intellectual property portfolio. Create patent maps that support the company’s solution and business development.
3. Minimize the risk of infringement of intellectual properties. Conduct freedom-to-operate analyses, and address solutions to any risks found in the analyses.
4. Develop and maintain internal processes that integrate intellectual property management into the company’s business operation.
5. Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and to aid business development.
6. Provide other company functions with trainings regarding intellectual property.
7. Attend internal and external trainings to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
8. Manage activities of patent firms and law firms.
9. As required, work in the context of KPMG Japan and/or KPMG global, and communicate with other KPMG member firms.