1. 5+ years overall business experience, including working within a regulated industry.
2. Able to adopt a systematic approach to identify, analyze and bring about improvements to existing processes and optimization of business requirements.
3. Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to work on several tasks or projects concurrently and the commercial acumen to understand the business value of work undertaken.
4. Capable of managing cross functional project teams to generate material value across multiple categories.
5. Direct experience in managing category management projects and development of sourcing strategies.
6. Proven Financial and Business Acumen (e.g. TCO, TEI, NPV & Cost Modeling).
7. Outstanding communication and project management capabilities
8. Ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity.
9. Change management and process improvement skills with direct experience in delivering business process change.
10. Strategic thinker with solid facilitation ability supported by excellent interpersonal competencies (communication, leadership, influencing).
11. Proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management.
12. Ability to manage effectively in a global, fluid, interactive, matrix environment.
13. Skilled and experienced in project and risk management.
14. Knowledgeable in offshore operating environments e.g. Captive, Build Operate Transfer, Managed Service, Functional & Full-Service concepts.
15. Expert proficiency in basic MS Office© software and other business systems (Ariba, Emptoris Mpower, SAP etc.)
1. Post graduate business-related qualification such as an MBA.
2. Analytical experience in positions of increasing analytical complexity, autonomy and responsibility. Demonstrated ability in organizing, analyzing and reporting complex financial data with solid grounding in basic procurement and financial processes and systems.
3. International strategic sourcing / category management experience.
4. Pharmaceutical Industry or Management Consulting experience.
1. Professional Purchasing (e.g. CIPS), Project Management, or Finance related licenses or certifications would be considered advantageous
2. Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction) with familiarity and awareness of relevant legal risks and issues
3. Experience with enterprise systems and procurement tools such as Ariba, SAP or Purchase Order technology is preferred