» Download the full PDF version of this article.
Questions for You to Answer
Good preparation is key to being successful in an interview. You need to answer questions clearly, with thought and confidence. Knowing all of the questions in advance would be a great help. While this is usually not possible, here are some questions from the Bridge Group that are commonly asked:
- Why do you want to leave your current employer?
- Why would you like to work for our organization?
- What interests you about our products and services?
- What do you know about our company and the position?
- What are your strengths/ strong points?
- What is your greatest achievement at your present job?
- What are your weaknesses/ weak points? What have you done about them?
- What do you want to be doing in your career five years from now? In ten years?
- What is your current salary? What salary are you looking for in your next position?
- What type of person are you?
- How do you handle problems?
- How do you handle stress?
More Advanced Questions
- How can you add value to our company?
- What have you learned from some of the jobs that you have held? Which did you enjoy most?
- How have you managed resistance in your organization?
- What does teamwork mean to you?
- What have you done that shows initiative in your career?
- How have you managed/been involved in particular marketing/accounting projects? What did you do?
- How can you contribute to the company?
- How can the company contribute to your goals?
Never fail to answer a question, even if at first you have no clear idea what to say. Reply quickly with: "That's a good question...", or "I've never thought about it..." and follow with "...let me think about that, hmmm" This gives you a moment to form an answer. Finally, when interviewing with a foreign company, it is usually important that you can answer questions in English as well as Japanese.
The questions are designed to look into your skill sets and more importantly to see what type of person you are. Are you a hard worker? Are you honest? Will you get along with the team and their corporate culture?